In 2006, the Arizona Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), FirstPic, Inc., and the U.S. Department of Justice partnered to pilot test MethSMART: Smart Programs for Smart Kids. The program offered viable solutions to help youth handle challenging circumstances while avoiding risky and unhealthy behaviors. The well-designed MethSMART curriculum successfully involved parents, staff and youth in the prevention of methamphetamine abuse.
FirstPic provided the following services:
- Graphic design and layout of MethSMART curriculum.
- Coordination of several training programs, including logistical support, on-site assistance, and scholarship coordination.
- Pass-through grants monitoring from DOJ to local Boys & Girls Club sites.
- Evaluation tool administration.
- Promotion of local National Methamphetamine Awareness Day activities in communities across the country.