FirstPic, Inc. worked with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to provide services for the Indian Country Prevention and Service Pilot Program: Implementing SMART Moves in Native American Boys & Girls Clubs. The objective of the program was to establish provisions to start new Boys & Girls Club projects and improve youth development services in Native American communities nationwide. FirstPic, Inc.’s support to achieve this objective included the following services:
- Program oversight, training, and technical assistance to existing member organizations.
- Liaison with participating federal agencies and partners on behalf of and in conjunction with Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Coordination of efforts with Native American Boys & Girls Club professionals to create culturally relevant activities for Native American children.
- Delivery of a multi-faceted approach to enhancing current youth services programming.
- Assistance to local Boys & Girls Clubs in developing and carrying out extensive outreach plans for opening new centers and implementing Skills Mastery and Resistance Training (SMART) Moves program services.