FirstPic, Inc. served as the Native American Outreach Specialist to MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnership under their Caregiver’s Choice Voucher Program contract with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Established in 2007, the Voucher Demonstration Program was designed to increase access to mentoring services nationwide and provide caregivers and parents the choice to select a mentoring program that meets high quality standards. FirstPic, Inc.’s responsibilities were to:
- Identify and enroll eligible mentoring programs in the demonstration program.
- Target child recruitment efforts in those appropriate urban areas and geographic regions with key Native American stakeholders by employing a combination of strategies.
- Coordinate the efforts of all Native American caregiver outreach activities.
- Engage Native American communities and agencies that serve families impacted by incarceration.
- Provide technical assistance and support specific to the needs of the population to providers serving Native American youth, as well as caregivers.
- Assist MENTOR with Native American child enrollment and voucher redemption strategies as needed.